Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Painted Ladies

My posting today is my version of the Painted Ladies in San Francisco as sort of a personal postcard of my own. These houses are sometimes known as "Postcard Row" and as been in nearly 70 movies, TV programs and ads. That's a hefty resume!  I hope my version gets as much attention! I loved this city and can't wait to go back one day. There many many interesting areas to photograph and re-create artistically. I worked with different techniques in Postworkshop Pro, Adobe CS6 and Corel Painter to create just the right look that I wanted and give a new painted uplift to an ordinary photographic postcard. I'm still in studies at The Artists' Quarter this week so this is a previous image that I created and wanted to share. Hopefully you will enjoy a refreshing view of these famous houses too! 

4 comments:

Debra Sheehan/Your Fan said...

There is something about San Francisco that captures the heart. Love the coloring and passion it reveals. Charming yet fun and certainly full of life. This looks like it could use another friend! Oh! Yes! like a companion! :)
Love it!

Ken S said...

Your painting have life into it than real photo

Jeane said...

WOW!

I love this painting and I love the colors. You brought life to this originally not so exciting piece. Great job!

Connie said...

Checked them all out! Wow. What a gift you have