Sunday, March 3, 2013

Please Don't Feed the Ducks

 
I learn something with every post, but sometimes not always what I learn has to do with Corel Painter or digital art. This post is an example of that. The park is a perfect place to relax and capture moments with my camera that I like to paint. This gentleman apparently also visits the park regularly by the looks of the relationship he has created with the geese and the ducks. I've been to the park many times with only my camera in hand and have read the signs, "Don't feed the ducks" and  honestly never really knew why, until now. Knowing that most people feed them bread,  I did some research and found out that people who think they are doing good by feeding them are actually making them fat which means they cannot fly away causing a disruption in their genetic path of life. Yes, I do realize he is actually feeding a goose which may be the only technicality that could possibly keep him from being included. But my title still stands...Don't feed the ducks and my park sign would include the geese too!

14 comments:

DSparks said...

You've got a winner here. Great subject, framing, brushwork, colors.

Ralph said...

I won't feed the ducks or geese...I promise! Heck, I don't even like white bread. But I love the painting!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful piece, as always!!

Kristy Reil said...

Very nice! I love the colors, especially the blue.

JH said...

Amazing!

When I lived at the park people would feed the ducks pop corn and bread.

NGow said...

Beautiful!

RicRad said...

Nicely done Andrea!

Frasy said...

Wonderful work, Andrea

MWilliams said...

Beautiful portrait in an idyllic setting

TedAzriel said...

Hi Andrea Great photo to work from, Great technique!

Judy said...

Great picture!

Alex J said...

Love your brush work Andrea!

RicRad said...

I like the impasto look of this image Andrea. It does need to be viewed larger to really appreciate it.

TedAzriel said...

Hi Andrea I like your concept and brushwork and I agree with Ric