Saturday, March 16, 2013

An Endless Journey

"Books can be like puppies in a pet store; you just want to take them all home!"~Andrea Auletta
With the new generation reading more through digital formats I think it's cool my art post today will one day be associated with the descriptive words "vintage" or "classic." This photograph has many of the attributes I love to paint in oils such as depth, lines, color and the ability to make you wonder. I wonder what he is reading and what book is awaiting under his arms? Can't you just hear the stillness of the setting and smell the aroma of coffee in the air? 
  The digital art world is an endless learning journey. I'm also reading a lot in my new online painting class "The Art of Creative Cloning in Corel Painter at the Artist's Quarter and look forward to hopefully having some interesting pieces to share with you. They say knowledge is power and he (she) who has knowledge is in control of their own destiny. So with that, I'm off to hopefully create my own destiny full of many more paintings and hug my pup Gigi who is terribly spoiled and happy that she's the only puppy I have at home!

7 comments:

ColleenTaylor said...

Very nice and colorful!

Julie Anderson said...

I am so jealous of your art! The color and expression are both wonderful!

Ken Singh said...

What an eye you have, even all the books have the same colors
Your painting should be worth a lot one day!
Keep painting can't wait for next paint!

Frasy said...

Love the beautiful color palette, great work

RicRad said...

I totally agree with Martina about this image Andrea

Dragan said...

Superb work, Andrea :)

GeorgeB said...

Andrea-Sorry I missed this one this morning. Quite tedious, I'm sure.