Saturday, February 25, 2012

CHINA TOWN SAN FRANCISCO


It's Official! My first painting post using Corel Painter 12! It's been a little challenging using the new layout and creating new habits to get my workflow back to where it was but I'm closer and with each new painting I know I will feel more comfortable. I took this photograph while visiting San Francisco. I fell in love with the city and it's energy. It's variety in landscaped buildings and the beauty of the bridge is something you have to experience for yourself. I loved the bridge so much we drove back and forth on it several times! Looking forward to taking a second look at the photographs we took of this exciting trip and continuing my artistic growth and knowledge by digging deeper into the newer painting software. Hope you like where it's taking me too. I read a quote that says "Without change, something sleeps inside us, and never awakens. My artistic spirit is alive and my eyes are wide open hope you'll stick around for what's next and thanks for your unending support following my blog. Please feel free to leave your comments below.

10 comments:

Zaf said...

Nice Andrea ... Se magnifique!

steve sheikh said...

I think painting looks better than original picture,I like the bright colors

Jane said...

Love the color! Congrats on mastering the "12"!

Moondoggy said...

It looks really happy...just like it feels to be in th middle of the cheery hustle and bustle.

Kathy S. said...

Another great painting, Andrea! I love the bold colors and the sense of energy and life they impart.

Tina Fischer said...

Hi Andrea, Just love the San Francisco picture. The colors are so vibrant and beautiful! It looks like a very happy place.

Tina

Diana Sparks said...

This is so full of life. I especially like the walking man (so few strokes and yet his action is clear) and the lanterns. Congrats on cracking P12!

GeorgeB said...

Andrea-I fell in love with this image when I saw it on "FB". Love the brush work and the story telling. Just great

TedAzriel said...

Hi Andrea, Wonderful color, composion, lighting and texture on The Bagel Man. I dearly love bagels

Colleen Taylor said...

One of my favorites of yours. Gorgeous colors, beautiful work!