Thursday, February 16, 2012

THE BAGEL MAN

Click to Enlarge Images


I took this photo at one of our local bagel shops that we visit most weekends. This guy is constantly busy behind the scenes through this glass window making sure that all the customer's get the freshest of bagles when ordering their breakfast and every time we see him he greets us with a smile. This time it was fun to capture him hard at work and show him some apprecation for putting everything he has into what I think is his own artistic creation! It just happens to be made of water and flour!  I'm currently enrolled in an online class for 4 weeks at the Digital Art Academy with Instructor Skip Allen and have upgraded my software to Corel Painter 12 and also previewing my latest DVD Tutorials from Jeremy Sutton. It's a big change from the usual layout that I've grown accustomed to and is really challenging me. Much of my usual painting time has been dedicated to this new upgrade and I look forward  to my next post San Francisco Chinatown painted entirely in Corel  12.   

10 comments:

Linda Bell said...

Wonderful work, as always, Andrea. Your bagel man will be thrilled to see this! :)

Jacq said...

Andrea, I love this one. An artist's rendition of an artist. Brilliant! He must be thrilled. Great colors and technique. Good luck with Corel 12. Jacq

Ralph said...

Very Nice Andrea! I love the textures in this piece!

Jane said...

Just stunning. I've upgraded as well, but so far I've only painted a few small things in 12. Can't seem to get used to it.

Jeane said...

I really like this. Looks very natural!

Ken said...

Looking good! Keep up the painting!

WWalsh said...

I really love the colors in this; looks very Tuscan.

Nelda G. said...

Love the colors too!

TedAzriel said...

Hi Andrea, Wonderful color, composion, lighting and texture on The Bagel Man. I dearly love bagels!

GeorgeB said...

Andrea-I fell in love with this image when I saw it on "FB". Love the brush work and the story telling. Just great.