Sunday, January 8, 2012

THE ONE

I started painting this piece after not being satisfied with another image that was to be a New Years post. During my painter's block, I selected this photo of  my friend's wedding dress that I took when she married six years ago. Yes, that is how long I have had this in my "to paint file" along with many others patiently waiting for me to choose them to be transformed into a work of art. The path of inspiration can have its ups and downs but when a photograph comes together and presents itself to me in its artistic form I find joy and motivation to continue scanning through my file to paint.  I decided to paint this in mostly acrylics with texture accents and name it "The One" because so many brides search through so many beautiful gowns to finally choose "The One" that makes them feel like a princess as they glide gracefully down the aisle to marry their prince in a fairytale wedding that most little girls dream of. It's hard to believe the bride is now a mother of a beautiful baby girl, maybe one day she will want to wear her mom's dress on her special day!

7 comments:

Ralph said...

This would make a great wedding invitation cover!

Debra Sheehan said...

Beautiful! It's romantic! I see Grace and anticipation of starting a new life of two loved ones. It's unique and fresh with the promise of a wonderful day ahead. The gown flowing down to a pond of shimmering satin, lace and sequence symbolizes the reward of a life ahead if you hold on together through the intricacies and complexities that a new life can bring. You see the dress starts out smaller at the top and blooms at the bottom!

Awesome Andrea. Thank you for that experience!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm sure she will be pleased when she see's your masterpiece!! Great job.

Jared

Cat Bounds said...

Beautiful as always

Susan K said...

Very pretty

Colleen said...

So beautiful! You write beautifully!

Anonymous said...

Sweet and beautiful!