Wednesday, January 18, 2012

THE BOOKSTORE




Click on Images to Enlarge

While taking a short break from my new focus on tutorials for the Corel Painter 12 software,  I have been switching back and forth to finish painting this photograph that I took during one of my visits to a local bookstore. This was shortly after one of the larger chain book stores closed and so my thoughts went direcly to today's endlessly increasing technology that might make bound paper books a thing of the past. Of course, I am a fan of technology. It is my main source and medium that allows me the ability to create my paintings but when I saw this young girl on her knees, deeply engaged in flipping the pages and seemingly getting lost into all that surrounded her,  I realized it could very well be that her children one day might only be browsing the hand held "book computers" such as the Kindle in the not so distant future. These are such simple things lost and will soon be a part of stories starting with "When I was a kid...."

11 comments:

steve sheikh said...

I love the painting and the thought behind it.

Guy said...

Your work is amazing

AnitaH said...

Awesome!

John Kohaut said...

Nice job, vibrant and alive!

Ken Singh said...

Out of this world .You are getting better and best
Love it
Thanks for sharing

Diana Sparks said...

Kneeling at the altar of literature! Vibrant storybook colors and a thought-provoking narrative. Great job, AA!

Linda Bell said...

Nice! I like how it has kind of a dreamy feel to it! :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE books. You did a fabulous job!

sis

RicRad said...

Love the brushwork and colors

TedAzriel said...

I love the brushwork and Vivid color on this one too

Frasy said...

Outstanding work, just beautiful