Sunday, August 28, 2011

SUMMER SHADE


Something as simple as putting on a hat can change your day and it can leave everyone wondering  which is the more piece of work....you or your hat? Few women have ever been able to resist the temptation to try on a hat and discover in the mirror a person they never suspected was there.  Hats can alter the image we have of ourselves, and the image others see as well. For the hours we wear it, it brings out different dimension in our personality, much as a costume aids an actress in her role." For each style brings on a different persona. I myself love hats and can never resist trying them on so placing these just so,  I immediatly could imagine these three as a piece of art. This photo was shot while shopping  at San Juan Capistrano among a few other items I hope to get creative with before the warmer months end. I think these will make perfect 4x6 cards for many purposes.  So what are you waiting for, buy a hat and  live a little and bring out another side of yourself!

9 comments:

Annette said...

Hi Andrea, love your hats. I have one that when I do yard work I wear. I bought it in Mexico probably 20 years ago, still looks good and does what it is suppose to do. So hat is bought. xox

Ralph said...

Nice Job on the Post Card! Very Creative from photo to finished product. It is another great addition to your Digital Photopainter commercial product line......yes?

Zafaryab said...

Andrea,

You have really captured the mood of Summer with these hats and specifically; Summer in the South!

I've never experienced Summer in the South outside of literature, but when I think of it, pretty hats like these are an essential part of it ... and may be a tall glass of Mint Julep!

Really nice!

Nelda said...

Beautiful! I love the colors!

Jeane said...

Very Pretty. Screams "summer is here".

KSingh said...

You should make millions of dollars from your great painting
But my hat still looks better.
Love to get your emails it inspires me.

Debra S said...

I love this painting! It's peaceful, it's inspiring, it's playful. Your right about most women can't resist a try on, especially me! And yes with each hat is a different me! I love it! Thanks for capturing and reminding me of a special moment I have taken for granted!

Diana Sparks said...

Excellent digital watercolor! And that Ralph fella is right about your commercial product line.

Linda Bell said...

What a beautiful watercolor painting, Andrea! Very cheerful.