Wednesday, August 31, 2011

MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE


Thousands of messages in a bottle are launched and lost, but when they turn up, it’s memorable for sender and recipient. I’m such a romantic; I love the mystery that surrounds bottles sent out to sea. I have not done this, but could see myself patiently finding the perfect antique, aqua colored, glass bottle with scratches of years of use and then sitting down with a beautiful fine tipped pen and cloth paper and writing thoughts of the love that I have been so fortunate to share that so few ever find and then finally sealing the cork plug to ensure it’s safety. With no wind or sail and made of glass, it’s journey will be long with surely many perils to pass. And if I were to ever find one, I could imagine my heart skipping a beat as I would anxiously pop the cork to reveal what may be a message from a thousands miles away and many years passed. With hand written stories of maybe …a treasure, a shipwreck or a long lost love letter searching for a soul mate. This photo was taken at a beach nearby as some children were playing and this little girl caught my eye as I could not see at a distance what she may be peering at near her feet. Still not seeing anything in the photo I started imagining things like a turtle, a shell or seaweed and chose to add the message in a bottle to create a piece of art that would take the viewer into their own imagination



11 comments:

Dad said...

Great job kid! And very good story to go with it

Jeane said...

That's neat how you added the bottle to this picture. It really looks like it was there all along. Intriguing.

KEN.S said...

Your painting was better than photo

Linda Bell said...

I love how this painting tells a story... Beautiful work, as always, Andrea!

Claudia said...

Absolutely beautiful!

eamckinley said...

I love this. It really does spark imagination!

TedA said...

Like this one too, You will like P12, when your ready

Frasy said...

Andrea, like this image very much,very lovely

Anonymous said...

Another great painting! I love how you capture the little girl's curosity!

Taylor Art and Design said...

First time I've seen this Andrea, just love this endearing painting & how you captured the beauty here!
Colleen

Lilana said...

Lovely