Monday, June 6, 2011

FOR EILEEN


It is is with a sad heart that I post my latest painting, dedicated to our friend Elieen Philips Montgomery who lost her fight with cancer at the young age of 45. She was a loving wife and mother of three beautiful, young children. Thinking of her immediately took me back to when I created the painting of her daughter Eleanor (as seen here) gazing at a butterfly. I wanted to represent Eileen as the butterly on her journey with all the turns and shifts and conditions that she could not always control during her final metamorphasis. I was touched in this discription that I read recently about how butterflies are "nature's canvases with the gift of flight." "When one considers that both the topsides and undersides of these specimens are masterly painted with equal skill, one becomes aware of the virtually unlimited number of artworks in the traveling art show of air." May she continue on a more peaceful journey as a symbol of immortality in her new colors. Like the butterfly, her beauty can forever remain as a symbol of the soul that physical death cannot destroy. Heartfelt blessings to her family Steve, Madeline, Maxwell and Eleanor.  

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said and painted, Andrea, even on my blackberry screen I could feel the essence of your msg and the spirit of Eileen - thank you for sharing
-Andrew

Jacqueline said...

Andrea,
What a beautiful heartfelt tribute to Eileen's life that you have created for Steve, Madeline, Maxwell and Eleanor. It is apparent that Eileen was a very special person and her spirit will continue to be present in all whom she touched her short time on this earth.

Linda Bell said...

Andrea, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. This gorgeous painting is a lovely tribute to her.

I love what you said about how both sides of the butterfly are "masterly painted with equal skill." You've given me a new appreciation for their exquisite beauty.

Ralph said...

A wonderful tribute to a truly wonderful person. I love your interpretation and the spiritual feel this piece has. Without words, it still stirs imagination about this art piece.

Bill said...

“For Eileen” is superb! Every element, from the title, commentary and color immediately grabbed my attention. “For Eileen” was the first thing I saw this morning and I was not prepared for the flood of emotions that transpired. You are an artist, in many respects! Thank you.

Cheri said...

Your art piece was beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes.

Andrew said...

Beautifully said and painted, Andrea, even on my blackberry screen I could feel the essence of your msg and the spirit of Eileen - thank you for sharing

Ken said...

O! Dear
Heart felt
Always wonderful work of art

Ted Azriel said...

Hi Andrea, Very touching Tribute, Beautiful Painting

RicRad said...

Very thoughtful and loving tribute to your dear friend. I am sorry for your loss

Cat Bounds said...

"So beautiful, Andrea!"

Jeane said...

Your words were as beautiful as your artwork. What a memorial to a dear friend! Your heart shines through this masterpeice from all angles.

Dee G said...

"Lovely painting. Very sad...so sorry."

Kathy said...

"Beautiful! Sorry for your loss."

Diana Sparks said...

What a lovely and loving tribute. And I loved your description of your friend's "final metamorphosis." My prayers are with her family and friends.

John said...

"Great painting, very sad story. Sorry for your loss!"

Alberto said...

Andrea, Exquisite design! I, like the color palette and your carefully crafted brushwork

Anonymous said...

Gosh Andrea...I got goose bumps reading your lovely words and viewing your painting. Your talent is not in just your paint! The family must be so thrilled with such a beautiful memory of their Eileen.

Patricia Monson said...

I'm sorry at your loss of your friend. What a sad sorry to lose someone so young and with children. You have painted such a beautiful picture of your story, so very well done.

Richard Ramsey said...

Beautiful art piece Andrea.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful painting and beautiful interpretation on life : ) Love sis

hilarie said...

lovingly done! its beautiful!

Julie said...

"This is a piece that does not leave my mind. Can't explain it?? I love it so much and I know it has so much meaning behind it for you. So beautiful Andrea."

Annette said...

HI girl, you can your heart is in this painting. Beautiful. Glad to be back from our trip and see such a heartfelt piece. Hugs

Bonnie said...

A beautiful Tribute, Andrea

DawnSerkin said...

Beautiful image! The blending is perfect as well as the colors.