Thursday, May 19, 2011

ANGUISH

click images to for larger viewing

  My creativity has been re-awakened!  This painting really started as a test of my new Wacom pen. I was experiencing some digital hiccups and not able to paint so I thought it was time to upgrade.  I was so excited when I received it in the mail that I even hugged the UPS man! The installation process being complete, I randomly chose this photograph that my husband took of me at the California National Poppy Reserve. I have tried painting it a couple of times in the past but felt that the white dress was always holding me back.  Even when I purchased it for this shoot I always wished it to be purple. With the magic of Adobe Photoshop CS5 dreams can emerge from your mind to reality. Immediately I opened it in Painter and as soon as I put my penbrush to the tablet everything seemed to come together, blenders blended as if a cyclone swept across the pallete, oils flowed effortlessly like a wave receeding from the beaches and acrylics virtually dried into their perfect places. With each brushroke my artistc zen was in it's happy place and reconnecting with my inner being. As with each piece, I step away in it's final stages, if not for minutes but sometimes hours and re-evaluate colors, feelings and movement. In completion, I decided to transpose the image horizontally. At last, my painterly dreams again can be real with the upgrade of my new penbrush and my inner creativity will no longer be in hibernation. I would love to hear your comments!

18 comments:

Andrew Goldman said...

"Very nice........ I like the Painting, it has a slightly darker tone than most of the other stuff I've seen (and enjoyed) of yours over the years. As an Artist that stays mostly within the boundaries of Photography, I am fascinated by they way you transform the images and bring a whole new life to them.

Keep up the great work!"

hilarie said...

i love it! great drama. the slight swirl of the background follows through with the blowing hair

carlos said...

It is quite beautiful Andrea, good direction!

CF said...

Soft flowing very nice work

Ricrad said...

Great job Andrea. There is a wonderful synergy between the background and the woman

Alberto G said...

Andrea, Exquisite composition, great color palette and brush work!

Ted said...

Andrea, Exquisite composition, great color palette and brush work!

Ralph said...

I LIKE it! Your new penbrush has enabled another style with a deeper, different personality. This piece is something I envision as the cover of Psychology Today magazine. It is intense and thought provoking. Priceless!

Linda Bell said...

I love the way you interpreted this! Simply gorgeous! (You make a great model. Lucky you!)

Diana Sparks said...

Hooray for your reawakening! This is lovely. The blending of reality and fantasy is a great move for you. More, please!

Ken Parker said...

Beautiful painting AND photo! Nice job!

Anonymous said...

really like the colors my artistic friend and the motion. Annette

JeaneH said...

This is fantastic. I know that look! You truly captured the emotion on this painting!!!!

moondoggy said...

It looks like the cover art for a poetry book or delicious haunting novel. So glad you are back at it and that your new tool has inspired you to try new techniques. It' s very beautiful.

Judith said...

Andrea, this should be framed in a museum!

Richard said...

Great job and very interesting image. I like it.

Cat said...

Beautifully done! I'll look forward to seeing where this carries you.

Colleen Taylor said...

I lovelovelove your new avatar/painting...so beautiful!"