Monday, March 28, 2011

SHEEZABIGBROAD

Click Each Image to View More Detail

   I think this is the smallest detail painting for me to date and one of my favorite moments that I captured during the races. I took this photo placing my camera in between the railings nearest the curve on the racetrack. This horse clearly had a "leg up" if you don't mind the pun. I'm not a gambler as a perfect example of that is this horse's name was "SheezaBigBroad" and they kept saying it over the speaker system, "SheezaBigBroad over and over again and I just thought they were just being offensive in their description of this big horse! Boy, was I glad I didn't verbalize that to anyone standing nearby. Anyway I'm an artist looking for the best photo opportunities that abound and at at this point in the race I sure was wishing I was a gambler and would have placed a bet on her as she came around and ended very strong. I felt good walking away though not having gambled becuase the photographs captured at this first ever Photography Day at the Santa Anita Racetrack in Arcadia CA were much more priceless, although sharing my deepest thoughts to my subscribers here could be one of my most embarrasing!  Be sure to click the image, tiny details are hidden in the main art posting here.

15 comments:

Jane said...

Very funny story! Wonderful capture and the painting is beautiful! Jane

KenS said...

WOW how do you do it?

PatriciaM said...

Wonderful painterly feel, your color saturation work really makes this pop. Beautiful piece

Hilarie said...

is that really the horses name?? I wonder if they registered it that way..
Nice painting full of action.

Anonymous said...

Andrea Love this one! It makes me feel that I'm there in the stands yelling Go! Go! GO! You say its the smallest, however, you capture such detail. You are an Artist and keep getting better with each accomplishment. Shelly

Jeane said...

This brings back memories of when I was a kids going to the track all the time with my parents. We raised thorobreds and spent lots of time watching them race.

Really neat!

Debra Sheehan said...

This is one of my favorites! My husband's family love the horses! Great job capturing the action especially when your not typically a horse race junkie! :) Great Job Andrea!

RicRad said...

I like the crispness of the color in the jockeys Andrea

Tom said...

Well done Andrea

Diana Sparks said...

This is one of your best ever. The dramatic angle and thrilling moment you captured in the photo were terrific. But then you made it spectacular with your deceptively-simple brushwork and intense colors. It's a winner!

Linda Bell said...

Great story (ha!) and wonderful painting! I love all the detail work in this one, and how vibrant and rich the colors are. Lovely work!

jobema49 said...

Just lovely Andrea.

GeorgeB said...

Andrea-Perfect view and angle. Wonderful movement and a happy owner

Joanie said...

Wonderful painting Andrea! Is that 'her' out in front of the pack? Gotta go check your blog

Michael D. said...

Andrea dose it again........