Saturday, March 5, 2011

HARD DAYS WORK


Click to Enlarge


Before venturing away a little from the rodeo into other lifestyle images, I wanted to post one of my favorites with a different technique I created. This was alot of fun to keep messy and focus on minor details. You can see in the original photo that he was wearing a microphone becuase he was included in the entertainment but I purposly painted it out in the final image.  Personally, fun and games or not,  his expression doesn't look like he's still too excited about jumping in a barrel to distract any determined horse or bull ready to to toss anything in it's path! Alot of our jobs don't look to bad now do they???

10 comments:

Hilarie said...

I love this technique! Cant wait to see some more

Linda Bell said...

Ooooh, this might be my new FAVORITE of all your paintings! I absolutely LOVE it!!!
Your fan,
Linda :)

Jane said...

Love this! Great brush work and technique

Diana Sparks said...

Wonderful! This reminds me of a LeRoy Neiman painting. Please explore this technique further -- it's that good!

Cat said...

I really like this alot.

Susan CK said...

ohhh..love it...very cool

David said...

Yes, I like this too. Very nice colouring. The only comment I'd make is that without the horses in the background you lose the scale - just the hint of an outline of the horses behind the clown might be fun to experiment with perhaps just a light contour drawing in a colour. But very nice as it is.

Rick said...

Great technique, I love it and hope you develop it even more. Great Job!

Tom M said...

I think you should do a few more with this technique - it imbues the content with a really nice feeling.

RicRad said...

Fascinating colors and brushwork Andrea. Just enough definition to recognize the subject without losing the overall artistic feeling of it.