Sunday, March 20, 2011

FUELING UP


Ah-Ha! I know what your were thinking when you read the title in your email...you thought I had captured someone filling up at the gas station and was going to talk about the rising prices of gas which is not a bad idea actually, but again this is where my mind goes. Seeing things in a whole new perspective. These two cyclists were sitting outside chatting near our local coffee shop one morning and I took a quick photo trying to catch one of them lifting there cups. I've been a little bit of "painterazzi"  instead of a papparazzi I guess you could say. Again love the textures I'm getting out the oil paints and am enjoying less details. Messy is fun! And don't be surprised if along the way you just might see that gas station painting....but it will be titled something more in the way "I see and paint it."
By the way I'm proud to say this is my 51st post on my blog....going forward to 100 posts!! Hope to see you there too!

9 comments:

Linda Bell said...

I love the looser, impressionistic feel of this painting, and way you applied the paint a bit thicker. Great work, Andrea!

Ken said...

Yes you are fueling up your great paintings

Ted said...

Hi Andrea, First time visiting. I love the looseness of your brushes, Very Fine work

RicRad said...

Nicely composed and painted Andrea

Hilarie said...

great! I can see the thick paint in the texture

Jane said...

Wonderful thick paint strokes. Very cool

PatriciaM said...

Andrea, very nice work, I really like the feeling of dept you created

Tom said...

Dig it! Nice use of Light and Shadow to capture the feeling while remaining loose and expressive in your craft

JudithP said...

Very cool Andrea. I love the texture and the fact that you feel drawn into their relaxing conversation like they don't have a care in the world. Very, very nice.