Monday, February 21, 2011

AIRBORNE

Click to Enlarge for Viewing
It's been too long since my last post; I'm hoping to be able to post something at least once a week as I do have alot action stock images in my gallery from cowboys to marathon runners that are just begging to be transformed! This photo was taken last summer at a rodeo. I had never been to one so this to me was quite amazing to watch the strength of both the horse and the rider. I added more warmth to create a western style and a canvas textured with brush edging. Arylics and Oil brush combinations seem to be what I lean toward in my artistic process.
Thanks for looking and don't forget you can leave your comments below.

18 comments:

Debra Sheehan said...

Rodeo is so exciting to see in person. You have captured that private moment when the rider and the horse are thinking about nothing else but each other. Intense action both mental and muscel. Man and beast. Love it!

Taylor Art and Design said...

Absolutely love this! Colors are brilliantly used...gorgeous Andrea, Colleen

Jeane H said...

Wow! Another amazing piece of art! I am always taken back by the perfect captions you choose for your work. This is another example of you nailing it!

Enny said...

Wow love it very much, great job

Elizabeth said...

I love it!!!! Oh my goodness. Reminds me of home. When I get some $$ I will have to buy one on canvas

Linda Bell said...

Andrea - you not only captured the action brilliantly, you transformed that moment into a spectacular painting! I absolutely love everything about it! :)

Jeanette said...

It turned out great. There is a lot of energy in this painting.

Carlos said...

Beautiful job Andrea

JANE said...

Outstanding! Beautiful colors and so much movement!

GeorgeB said...

Andrea-Outstanding brush work and texture with a super presentation

RicRad said...

Lovely piece Andrea. I like the way you used a minimal amount of color and detail to convey the overall image with strong brushstrokes.

Lilliana said...

Good job!

Sarnoart said...

Stunning! Just a great job on capturing the action. I really like your artistic choices of keeping the painting rather stark and minimalist in the approach. The loose, rugged brushwork convey the "feel" better than meticulous detail. Also, the blending of subject and background are superb!

Diana Sparks said...

Well, heck. Everybody else said what I wanted to say. The lighting and brushwork are exquisite. Excellent choices all around. This is gallery-worthy, Andrea!

Jobema49 said...

Just lovely Andrea.

brokenlemonfish said...

Amazing! Really very creative work

Tom M said...

Like the earthy, dreamy quality with that popping cyan to royal blue. You go cowgirl

Richard Ramsey said...

Another great job Andrea!