Monday, January 3, 2011

SWEPT AWAY

Click Image to Enlarge

 I decided to post this painting after the gift was given, so not to spoil a good surprise during the holidays.  Jason and Lisa were married a couple of years ago in Hawaii and Jason's mom, Jeane asked me to "do  my magic" and create something special for them. As you can see I decided to eliminate the low lit distraction of the ocean and compose them more closely to express the joy and excitment they were experiencing at this moment after they exchanged their vows. It took me a few tries to create just the right background that I felt was appropriate and also referred back to Richard Ramsey's training DVD. This was a challenging piece but I was so glad to hear their feedback as I've included below.
"I wanted to let you know we love our painting! It was a wonderful Christmas gift. We have very few pictures displayed, they are all in photo albums. It is so nice to not only have a beautiful painting of us on our wedding day but also an elegant piece of artwork to hang in our home. I will highly recommend you to all my friends and family."
Lisa and Jason


7 comments:

Ken said...

A MAMA thinking of Fiji Islands

Judith said...

This is gorgeous Andrea. You did a great job in capturing them in such a great moment, but also painting it. I love it.

Richard Ramsey said...

Great job...you caputed the painting and the emotion

Washed said...

absolutely beautiful! I love it!

Washed said...

absolutely beautiful! I love it!

Linda Bell said...

WOW! You did an outstanding job of capturing all the joy and emotions in that embrace!! This is a portrait they will cherish, always.
~ Linda Bell

Kathy said...

Soooo beautiful, Andrea! You are truly talented!