Sunday, December 12, 2010

HANNAH

Click on images to enlarge

This painting is of my friend's daughter Hannah. I chose to paint her when I picked her mother's name for Secret Santa this year and we had talked in the past that she would love to have a painting of her. As soon I as drew her name my first thought "could I possibly get it painted in time?"  After arranging for Hannah to get to the studio for photographs secretly, my husband captured the beautiful image below my painting posted here. That same night I began to paint and.tilted her slightly using Photoshop CS5 to add more movement and I imagined warmer tones throughout to accentuate her beautiful olive skin and brunette hair, so I added other colors to compliment. I could easily enjoy creating more of these paintings. It may be that I love music as much as I enjoy painting. Special thanks for suggestions from my painter friends including Richard Ramsey. If you are interested in learning more about painting backgrounds in this style, I highly recommend his DVD tutorials which you can find using this link http://www.richardramsey.info/
 His instructions and videos are detailed, clear and sharp. Tell him I sent you :)

17 comments:

George B said...

Andrea-Very well done. Richard should be proud.

Washed said...

Bravo!!!!!

RT said...

Beautiful work Andrea love the soft fading out of the image and the artistic blending of the background

Anna Stingley said...

Lovely!

Diana Sparks said...

Yowza! That's gorgeous. The brushwork, the palette, the background, the "action tilt"-- all add up to a wonderful painting and a spectacular gift.

Anonymous said...

Andrea,

You captured Hannah's look!What a special picture to have of a daughter.
Good work,
Mary Lou

Annette said...

Beautiful as ever, my dear!

Susi Lawson said...

Its beautiful Andi!!

Susan said...

wow..very nice..they will love it :)

Colleen Taylor said...

Gorgeous Andrea, another great one!

Anonymous said...

Andrea....MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE PIECE of your artwork. It's detail is just spectacular. I love music as well and you have nailed this one!!!!

Ralph said...

As a photographer, it is a great feeling to see a carefully planned moment in time, turned into a work of art with a renewed perspective and emotional visualization.
Brava Andrea!

Hilary said...

Oh fabulous work, Andrea! This is stunning!

Heather said...

WOW.. this is beautiful, Andrea!

Avril said...

too beautiful for words...stunning..

Carrene said...

Andrea,
your work is fabulous! Your colors are just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

wow absolutely beautiful, all of them!