Saturday, October 16, 2010

MOTHER NATURE'S COLORFUL DRESS

Leaves
"How silently they tumble down
And come to rest upon the ground
To lay a carpet, rich and rare,
Beneath the trees without a care,
Content to sleep, their work well done,
Colors gleaming in the sun.
At other times, they wildly fly
Until they nearly reach the sky.
Twisting, turning through the air
Till all the trees stand stark and bare.
Exhausted, drop to earth below
To wait, like children, for the snow."
Elsie N. Brady

Fall is my favorite season! Beauty abounds and my breath is taken away! It calls to me to move to the Northeast every year....until it snows!  I dream of owning a home one day that has a large desiduous tree in the front yard framed by my bay window so that I can just sit and bask in it's beauty until the last leave has gone. This is much looser than my past paintings but I enjoyed working on it. I chose to use one of the photos posted on the photo sharing  site http://www.morguefile.com/. because unfortunately we have yet to see any fall color here in Fullerton, which is slim at best on a good year. Hope you enjoy not only the change of season but a slight change in my artistic interpretation for this latest posting.
Photograph by Mary R. Vogt

10 comments:

Linda Bell said...

What a gorgeous celebration of fall colors! I LOVE it!!!

Ralph said...

A peaceful yet dynamic composition that makes me study the details. Very Captivating!

Diana Sparks said...

I wouldn't have thought it possible to one-up Mother Nature, but you have. This is glorious. And the scattering of ghostly oak leaves is a perfect touch.

I can see this alongside three other seasonal tree abstracts, in the lobby of a nice hotel. Better yet, a hotel chain, with one set in each!

PMiners said...

Another great piece Andrea. Lovely bright colours and brush work

RicRad said...

I really like the colors and brushstrokes on this image Andrea. It absolutely feels like autumn.

Mary R. Vogt said...

Andrea,
Thank you for contacting me.
Your art is beautiful.
I'm glad you were so inspired!
Thank you for using MorgueFile & for referencing the site.

Julie said...

I can see all of the work put into this Andrea! I am a sucker for warm colors! Pretty!!

Judith said...

Love the colors of autumn in this painting.

Julie said...

Not sure which one I like better? They are both so unique!

Hilarie said...

i like the border effect.. great colours