Tuesday, October 26, 2010

IN THE MILKWEED FIELD

Click on any image to enlarge for viewing
My husband Ralph originally took this photo of me on our trip to Vermont. I just love yelling "STOP" when I see something on the side of the road that I have to photograph...however, I'm not sure how much he loves the sudden heart-stopping moment that it causes!  It's a photo I've had for some time sitting in my "to paint" folder,  just waiting for the the moment of artistic inspiration to hit me.  The last image posted is what I saw through  my lens and eventually captured as soon as the blustery winds of Autumn calmed down..no easy task and requires lots of patience!

13 comments:

Linda Bell said...

It's fun to see a (beautiful) painting of YOU, Andrea! I absolutely love how you painted it - very warm and soft. And the photo of the milkweed is outstanding! You're a woman of many talents. :)

Julie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this painting! You are so pretty and the colors are perfect!

janet said...

I love it! Your blog is great. Vermont is a gorgeous area. In the fall we visit my stepson and family in N.H. and that part of the country takes my breath away.
Your painting is beautiful.
hugs,

Karen said...

Lovely image! So warm and a delightful subject!

Well done!

Kirk said...

I concur! Nicely done! Good blogging too! Wonderful work!

MoonDoggy said...

I love this piece. An artist creating art. Very beautiful and loving photo by Ralph and wonderfully painted by you.

Diana Sparks said...

Who is that blond bombshell, anyway?

Great photo (no surprise there, Mr. Auletta) and a perfect painting of it.
What a team!

Oh, and I love your milkweed photo. Nature has so many delightful surprises for those who look closely.

Ralph said...

You will always be my favorite portrait subject.
It is nice to see this special scene of you at work become a beautiful painting. Great Job!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you are in one of your paintings. Beautiful. Good thing you cleared up what a milkweed is. Do we have those in CA??? LOL.

Washed said...

I am so glad that I enlarged this! Well executed!!

RicRad said...

Wonderfully composed with nice delicate brushwork and a great color palette Andrea

Tim M said...

love the way its put together..flows well and colors are nice....always like your work

kobi said...

Fabulous photo of the milkweed. Your patience definitely paid off!!