Sunday, October 31, 2010

FALL SHOES

Original Photograph by Cheryl Rankin

This photo from Morgue File struck me because it's at angle I would've shot myself! So thank you Cheryl! It's fun sharing these paintings with the photographer to let them know even a simple shot like this can be seen in another way. I think it makes a cool piece of art. I emailed Cheryl to let her know that I painted her boots and this was her response "That is sooooo cool! Love your work. I'm honored that you felt my humble boots/leaves photo worthy of your time. I liked mixing-it-up in this painting! This one could be perfect for embellishing it with acrylic paints after its printed on canvas. Hope your enjoying my fall postings and stay tuned more to come plus a special painting of my dog Gigi to celebrate a special day.

8 comments:

GeorgeB said...

Andrea-It's that time of the year again. Like the colors

Washed said...

Lucky dog! We don't get the turning of the leaves here in Austin

RicRad said...

Nice concept piece Andrea. The view from the top

CF said...

Nice idea and colors Andrea

Linda Bell said...

What a fun painting! I love what you did with it, Andrea!

I've been so sidetracked with writing lately, I haven't had much time to paint. Seeing all your beautiful artwork makes me yearn to jump back into it. You inspire me. :)

Taylor Art and Design said...

Very nice composition Andrea, you're on a roll here, Colleen

Ken S said...

Nice Boots!

Cheryl Rankin said...

Love it, love it, love it! Thank you so much for the notification and for the link. Very considerate of you. :)
Thank you also for the credit. Most people don't even bother so it's always a pleasant surprise when someone actually credits the photographer.
I truly enjoyed visiting your site and have bookmarked it for return visits. :)

Thanks again,