Sunday, August 22, 2010

WATER WINGS

Click to Enlarge Image
  I just can't get enough of these swimming photos to paint! Certain images just SCREAM to me; "Paint me, Paint me!"  This one is no exception. The water cascading from her arms as she flew through the water felt like she truly was creating butterfly wings. I liked her form being slightly offset. I was not looking for the perfect pose; to me, that would be boring. These young athletes really inspire me as they compete and put everything out there for the win! The amount of strength and power that goes into this swim stroke looks exhausting! I also removed the swim team logo from her cap to draw focus to the delicate feathering of the water forming captivating butterfly wings. Don't forget to "dive in" and leave your comments below. Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea,

I love this one too!! Again, beautiful color and on a hot day like today, it makes me want to jump in, even though I rarely put on a suit!!

Tina

Linda Bell said...

Beautiful painting! I'm really impressed with your entire swimming series, Andrea. Great work!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I want those back muscles.
The pictures is inspiring and oh so refreshing.
Connie Q

Diana Sparks said...

Yowza! So dynamic and pulsing with energy. She looks like she's flying through the water. You've certainly met and mastered the difficult challenge of painting both water and wet, muscled skin. Magnificent!

Ralph said...

It looks like she made a "Water Angel" You have a great eye for composition and have presented us with a wonderful change of pace from the usual straight-on front imqges of this demanding swim stroke.

RicRad said...

You do an exceptional job of capturing water movement

DavidC said...

Very satisfying composition and colours

CF said...

Very Nice work Andrea.
Love the picture name.

Pminers said...

Beautiful work Andrea.
Love your painting "Fast" also

Cat said...

I like those photos, too, and you do a great job painting them.

Colleen said...

Beautiful Andrea, I just signed subscribed to your blog!

Hilarie said...

Another great stroke! Artist and swimmer!

Judith said...

You are a master at this Andrea. Love the way you do the water splashing!

Kristy Reil said...

Very captivating. I love this one. Makes me want to be in the water... and workout. The water looks so refreshing and peaceful.

DiamondRabbit said...

I have NEVER seen anyone paint water better than you Andrea! That is the truth too!!!

Kobi said...

Great summer feeling. Love the water coming off her arms!! Really a nice piece of work, Andrea