Sunday, August 8, 2010

FAST

  This painting is of another young female swimmer at Derek's meet. I removed the floating lane lines and kept the dramatic splash she was creating from the butterfly. It's amazing watching these young atheletes fighting for the win. I'm very competitive myself and it takes everything in me "not to jump in"  and race to them to the best time!  I liked the title as I thought it was fitting but it's also the acryonym for Fullerton Aquatics Sports Team. Click on the image to enlarge

8 comments:

Jeane H said...

Great action shot! You never cease to amaze me!!!!!! Love it!

eamckinley said...

What a great work of art. Amazing shot!

Linda said...

You definitely captured the action and emotion in this painting, Andrea! She must be thrilled with it!!! (Perfect title!)

Diana Sparks said...

Beautiful! And you really do a wonderful job with water, which isn't easy to paint convincingly.

DiamondRabbit said...

Wow, the movement with this piece! I wish I could paint water like that Andrea! Really neat.

Alberton said...

Andrea, Superb Illustration of a swimmer, wonderful design, and great color palette. The action is rendered effectively by your great brush work!!

SarnoArt said...

Great work Andrea. I don't know how you create the splashing water so effectively but you do. It's not easy to capture action particular to a specific sport so convincingly however I had to check my jacket and tie for water marks!

RicRad said...

Excellent pose Andrea, and the coloring is superb!