Monday, July 5, 2010

HANGING 5

This is my husband Ralph, and I know the first thing you are saying to yourself  "I hope she has alot of insurance on him." LOL And the second thing you're probably thinking is "I hope she is taking the photograph from the ground! Yes, I clearly could not be hanging by a rope and try to manage taking a photo at the same time of this precarious climbing area, I'm artistic not technical! While I enjoy hiking and breathing in the great outdoors, I will leave all the "big boy" stunts to him and keep my feet a little bit firmer on solid ground with a 300 mm zoom lens. 

10 comments:

Linda Bell said...

Wow! Another awesome and FUN painting! The perspective really does give the illusion that you were waaay up high, on the edge of a mountain, too. (Thank goodness you have a 300mm lens, eh? lol!)

Debbie said...

I love your action paintings and at the same time the peacefulness that you are able to capture in them. Keep up the great work!

Ralph A said...

You outshined yourself on this one. Starting with your conception of the photo idea,combined with a grueling vertical hike to the location, taking the photo from an awkward position and then painting it, you have created a unique and well-earned masterpiece!

eamckinley said...

What an exciting and fun picture. Great job!

Zaf said...

Once again great work Andrea! Hey maybe you can have a contest with this one; who can come up with the best title for this painting!

It can be funny or inspirational. What do you think?

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea,

What a great painting! That Ralph is a brave man, and you are so lucky to have "superman"!!

ME

pminers said...

Great work Andrea. Rather your husband than me. I don't like heigh

garycam said...

Perfect. Very well done

FM said...

Very cool!

Ben Castaneda said...

All I have to say on this one is..."WOW"