Sunday, June 20, 2010

THE CRUX


The original photograph of Travis was taken by my husband Ralph who was hanging on the other side of the rock with one hand and camera in the other! Boys will be boys! As if this was not challenging enough, just prior to capturing this image they had disturbed a bees nest and was fighting off angry bees between shots.
   The title "The Crux" is a climbing term which refers to the hardest move on a route or the hardest section of a climb.Sports portraits are some of my favorites to create because of the action and feeling they give the viewer. 
   With summer upon us, I'm sure you will be seeing more of these images posted. Hopefully I can get on the other side of the rock to photograph my husband in one of these precarious poses too! 

Let's all hope the rope holds me.....

8 comments:

Diana Sparks said...

Whoah! And wow! (And whew! that it's not me up there.) This is beautifully painted, the lighting is gorgeous, and your colors just leap off the screen. It doesn't get any better than this!

pminers said...

Great work Andrea. Love the composition and texture

FM said...

I love the colors and brush work Andrea!

GeorgeB said...

Andrea-There is a lots of feeling and motion in the image also, like the brush work.

AlbertoG said...

Andrea-There is a lots of feeling and motion in the image also, like the brush work.

Charen said...

Great job Andrea, really like the brushwork!

ricrad said...

Outstanding composition Andrea. He must be a human fly to be clinging there!

atadesigner said...

very nice work, well done Andrea :)