Friday, April 9, 2010

PINK AND PRETTY

In the spirit of the spring season I am continuing my series of flower paintings while enduring, sneezing, itchy watery eyes and sore throat! Yes, it's all in the news we are having one of the worst allergy season's ever which means I will have plenty of flowers to photograph and paint. A good stock of antihistamines and tissues are on my next shopping list. 
  This is the second of my Gerbera paintings and still remains one of my favorite flowers next to the Sunflower. Keeping the crop simple without framing actually created more of a challenge for me as my focus went directly to making sure the texture of the brushwork came through on the final image.
 Hope you enjoy and Gesundheit! 

5 comments:

Bill D. said...

You have enhanced the beauty and sensations of tranquility that nature relentlessly offers to all of us. Very nice work!

Jeane H. said...

Outstanding. This would be great to frame and hang in my house

Diana Sparks said...

Love that macro! Great brushwork, and the limited palette jumps off the screen. I think I feel a sneeze coming on . . . .

Ralph A said...

What a great way to take a deeper look into something we normally give just a casual accepting glance and say "that's pretty"! Great job in bringing nature and it's perfect imperfections closer to us.

Virginia G. said...

This is soooo Pretty