Sunday, April 25, 2010

THE BUS STOP

This one is a little different for me and so much fun! I have been recently studying the works of Karin Jurick. She is a natural media artist who lives in Atlanta, Ga. and paints incredible people paintings among many other things. If you would like to check her out at http://www.karinjurick.com/
 Her paintings have given me a whole new "vision" and her style is something that I admire very much.
Ralph and I drove by this couple waiting for a bus and I yelled "Wait!" Stop! I need a photograph of that hat and those shoes! Ralph quickly made a quick U-turn and I took this photograph from across the street. I used mostly the palette knife set to my own adjustments but I also used Den's Oil Blender brush for the background. I also decided to paint out the post between them to eliminate the distraction, then as always I finished in Adobe CS4 with color adjustments and final framing by adding texture. When I look at his expression, I can hear him thinking "Are we really going out with that HAT again???
What do you think he is thinking?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS ONE! Too bad you didn't get their name and number i bet they would have liked a copy.

love sis

Ralph A said...

BRAVO! Bellisima! An excellent capture of a humorous slice of life! I love the yin yang aspect of this piece.

CalebsMom said...

I love this one is reminds me of an older version of mom and dad.

Marilyn Sholin said...

"I love this. It captured my imagination immediately. I thought it looked like he was sad and she was consoling him until I read your blog and looked at it closer. Definitely a terrific story and painting! "

Diana Sparks said...

This is a great new direction, Andrea, and a wonderful painting. I'm so glad you like Karen Jurick as much as I do! I love scenes that invite the viewer to give them a story, so I'm looking forward to more like this. I see a lot of U-turning in Ralph's future!

pminers said...

Very nice painting Andrea. Great story just from painting alone

DateY said...

This is a very nice piece! It makes one wonder what they are talking about, or thinking...

GeorgeB said...

Andrea-I agree, what a fun image; one you see every day but just don't take time to notice. (My problem.) Great story telling and texture in the garment

RicRad said...

This is a wonderfully expressive painting Andrea. The brushwork in the clothing is great

Charen said...

Andrea, Beautifully done, rich colors and it looks like there is a story behind the picture

Zoo said...

Excellently done! Bravo.. I love your treatment of lights and darks here...

Artmom said...

wonderful

atadesigner said...

I love it, very well done :)