Saturday, February 20, 2010

BEAUTIFUL BRIDE

Click either image to Enlarge

This posting is of a friend and wonderful young lady, Janae.  I was so pleased to be invited to share in the experience of her wedding day. Seeing the warm colors of the setting sun glowing off her olive complexion and the beading throughout her gown and headpiece, I couldn't  resist stealing her away from the wedding photograher for just a quick moment to pose for me.  Prior to painting I adjusted the color tone and contrast of the photograph and then painted with many brushes in Corel 11 which includes Marilyn Sholin's portrait brushes, a mixture of Jeremy Sutton's brushes, Acrylics and Den's Oil Brushes. In my final touches I created a warm light off to the right side to give it more depth and drama.  A very special thank you to Jill Garl and her portrait painting techniques and excellent suggestions. Mary Lou, I hope you  enjoy my creative expression of this very memorable day for you and your daughter. From this day forward and til death do us part, I promise to be grateful to hear your comments.

9 comments:

MoonDoggy4Homes said...

What a thrill for Janae to have a weeding protrait like this. ITis just stunning.

Diana Sparks said...

This is simply gorgeous. Janae and Mary Lou will undoubtedly have an OMG reaction when they see it. This is a perfect example of how a photopainting can go far beyond a photograph to create a truly magical portrait. Congratulations!

Joni G. said...

Soooo Pretty!

Colleen T. said...

Just gorgeous Andrea, well done!

Tina Fischer said...

Hi Andrea,

This picture of Janae turned out lovely!! What a special keepsake for Mary Lou to have!!

Tina

Ralphie Baby said...

You are an incredibly talented artist!

Anonymous said...

Andrea,
What a great surprise when I opened the e-mail. I expected to see cutie Gigi but instead I see my beautiful daughter's portrait. You captured her smile which is close to a laughter. Now that the dust has settled since the wedding. This portrait reminds me of that beautiful bride being my little girl.
Larry and I are thrilled with your work. What I know is that you did this portrait with love.
Thank you sooo much,
Mary Lou

eamckinley said...

What a fantastic way to preserve such a special day!!!!

Jill Garl said...

Thanks so much for your kind words.