Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Roscoe

  It's amazing who you will meet on the streets of your own neighborhood. While taking my own dog Gigi out for a walk, I saw this gregarious 2 yr old, English Bulldog Roscoe and his owner (Brian) who was in tow in the middle of the street. Immediatly, I thought "I have to paint that dog!" He's too cool! We scheduled a photo shoot and Brian and his wife Sarah were very friendly and helpful in trying to calm Roscoe long enough for us to capture his true outgoing personality. Roscoe was so excited,  it was as if he knew he was going to be featured on my blog! Can you blame him??? I chose this image becuase it looked like he was ready to leap off the canvas. I wanted to keep the background soft and less detailed so the focus would be concentrated on his eyes and the texture around his face. Finally, by adjusting the lighting I felt Roscoe's 10 minutes of fame was ready to begin! Remember, I love seeing your comments posted....please don't make me beg. Just click on comments below this image; type in your comment and choose name/url and just type in your name.

6 comments:

Ralph said...

Another fantastic painting and a great subject! You have a great talent!

Anonymous said...

Great Job!!! I love what you did with Roscoe's eyes. Graham needs a head shot wearing a bowtie. : )

Jared

Diana Sparks said...

Roscoe's portrait is so vivid. His personality really leaps off the screen/canvas. I love the warm painterly glow you used to bring him to life. That puppy is ready to play!

Ty Sutherland said...

You really do have a talent.

Anonymous said...

I don't have a dog but this picture makes me want one! He's so life like you want to just hug that big guy. Fantastic job, and I love the detail of his eyes...along with the hair on his chin.

LOL Shell

Aggie "Agi" said...

Look at that eyes... Wow , You did an excellent job! Fantastic Andrea. I really enjoy looking all your great paintings. Agi