Saturday, August 15, 2009

PICKING POPPIES


A true "pop" of color in this one! My husband and I visit this beautiful California Poppy Reserve every spring here in Lancaster, California. It's always an exciting drive getting there becuase you can see the overwhelming color from several miles away before reaching the hillside covered with millions of these delicate vibrant orange poppies. The orange is so bright you even have to wear your sunglasses! I captured this little girl wading knee-high through the dense sea of poppies . If you look closely you will see I added some poppies in her hand becuase I could just imagine her wanting to pick a handful, but it is forbidden in the Poppy Reserve. I needed a break from some more serious photo paintings that you will see very soon and this one just took me away! I love getting comments so click on the link below and share your thoughts.

6 comments:

Joni Gramstad said...

"Gorgeous"

David Moyer said...

"Wow"

Zaf Niazi said...

Nice work Andrea. I like how you painted a border around it. It is simple and a nice touch.

Anonymous said...

Looking good Andrea! I had know idea that place was in Lancaster.

Connie Q said...

Your photo was lovely and the Poppies in the little girls hand was a good touch

shelly said...

Awesome! This picture makes me want to be right there in the middle of the poppy field! Colors are beautiful and you really captured the moment! Shell